2/11/08

Print Consumption: Delicious...

While I rarely have time to read in my daily life, I spend a disproportionate amount of time seeking out good design to fill my proverbial creative well.

My favorite magazine would have to be Idn, but I am also a frequent reader of Applied Arts, Juxtapoz, Toronto Life, Esquire, and Revolver. I am always looking for new design magazines because I always appreciate design more thoroughly when I am looking at the physical representation rather than the online version.

I do read the newspaper as well, The Toronto Star being the paper delivered to my home, and the National Post when I am at work. But truthfully, I read alot less in the real newspapers than I would in the rag editions like Metro etc, simply because it's not nearly as exhausting.

Otherwise, I read a lot of books on my off-time from class, we're trying to develop our library for our future 'study' -or home office- when we have a larger space than our apartment. I personally read alot of fiction such as Sci-fi, Satire, and alot of this being dystopian novels which I find fascinating. My favorite authors are John Wyndham, Kurt Vonnegut, and Chuck Palahniuk whose works are always steeped in social commentary(likely a primary source of my cynicism towards pop culture figures)

I also consume design texts above and beyond those recommended for classes, (see earlier post on the Stylepedia) and am a big fan of books published by Steven Heller or through Rockport.

No comments: