2/8/08

Ease of Understanding: a designers credo

When thinking how to encapsulate such a complex subject as my own design theory, I think the ideal place to start is the end. What do I hope to accomplish as a designer?

While I may want to create pretty visuals and present dynamic content to the reader, I am always aware that this is what I want to do, not what I need to do. I know that in the end, what I need to accomplish is to effectively facilitate communication between the client and the consumer.

So, what is design?

Design is combining complimentary elements into a design in order to both draw in the viewer and move their attention in a dynamic way to each element in its on time. In essence, we as designers try to develop visual systems to help the eye ‘digest’ information in an effective and efficient way.

No comments: