2/19/08

Letterpress typography

I was recently accumulating resources for a future blog entry and fell into a graphic designer's links page which led me on a strange journey through one fantastic site after another.

I eventually settled into the letterpress typography of Hammerpress, you may or may not recall seeing one of their designs in the TDC show this year; a concert poster for Sigur Ros.

I was taken by the design when I saw it the first time but had no expectations as to what other work the company had done. They have managed to layer colors and text in such a way as to create a retro-modern sort of appeal. I think that this sort of typography is dynamic in its playful composition. Here are some samples

1 comment:

DanyWu said...

I love the way they used the colour, it's very old fashion but in a very good way. The hierarchy of type is amazingly setted. Thanx for sharing.