2/10/08

My mediated life

I sat down to analyze my personal usage of popular media outlets based on a one week period, and found that I do consume more media than I had expected. While I'm not at all surprised by the inclusion of 26 hours of MP3 listening because of the 14 hours a week I am on the bus, I was surprised that My web usage was as high as it is.

I had thought that I wasn't an internet reliant person, but it seems that I spend quite a bit of time between classes and during breaks from homework to constitute 11 hours of surfing.

What surprised me the most was the limited use of print media, I suppose that while the magazines I read are numerous, I am not spending as much time reading them as I thought. This must be due to my school and work schedule as there is always some sort of research to be done online that it would be far more time consuming to look through printed materials

Print
News- 2 hr
Magazine - 1 hr
Book - 1 hr

Web
Internet - 11 hr
Emails - 6

Entertainment
DVD - 7 hr
Music - 26 hr

Communication

Cell Phone - 15 min
Telephone - 1 hr
Text Messages - 3

No comments: