1/26/08

New Ontario Driver's Licence: a Dissappointment

Having finally completed the arduous process of obtaining my G class drivers license, I recently received my new ID card.

I must say that despite all of the recent technological advancements that have been included, the overall design of the card is somewhat disappointing. While I am confident that the government should know what they're doing(can you sense my sarcasm?) it seems to me as though many of the changes that were made take away from the visual hierarchy that was so strong in the former card.

Considering that my main use for my drivers licence is at the door of a club, I doubt that all of the relevent information has been presented in a way that will be recognizable in dark conditions.

Read more about the new features here

No comments: