1/20/08

Dakine: Designing Functionality with Style

This is the 'Dakine Team' 31 gallon bag, designed by skateboarder Chris Haslan. I'm in love with the design of this bag, its quirky graphics and earth tone color scheme compliment the bag's functionality nicely. I wouldn't have been able to afford it though, if not for the generosity of my girlfriends Mom who wanted to get me a skate bag for christmas (Thanks Kathy!).



















I picked it up a couple days ago thanks to the aforementioned Dakine website. Its a great bag, with a ton of features like the CD pocket, skateboard straps and padded laptop pocket. Although I'm not so convinced a hack like me should really be carrying CD's while skating, as theres not much protection and one fall could probably mean disaster for the disks. In any case, my experience with Dakine has been quite enjoyable!

No comments: