4/1/08

The Mad Magazine Fold-in

This ones for Craig.

I remember being mystified by the mad fold-ins as a kid. since before I was old enough to fully grasp some of the political nuances of the comedy, I was delighted by the mystery of what may appear once the page was folded. Little did I know the rarity of this art form, apparently the same artist has been drawing them since the 1960's, Al Jaffee.








I found this interactive fold in showcasing his work on design observer. I was impressed not only by his work, but by the ability of modern technology to represent his work in such a remarkable way. After all, theres no more appropriate way to represent what could be considered one of the the earliest forms of interactive design, than by using it's modern counterpart. Check it out.

1 comment:

Andrew Clanahan said...

Nice find. I loved these when I was a kid.