4/14/08

Challenging the Standard Format of Modern Communication

Yes! This is exactly it! Check out these remarkable information design pieces. As I have been working on my own theories of design in my college studies, I cant help but recognize an excellent example of how design can remove the 'visio-rhetorical subtext' from something as commonplace as the news.

While I was drifting in the blogosphere I happened to stumble upon university student David Bowker's website, Designing the News. He has taken the text of various newspapers, dissected them, and reinterpereted them as the visual content of his designs.

I think this is a innovative way of thinking about distributing information. He has interpreted the text of one full week of the guardian and based a series of visuals and information graphics. I think this piece is an excellent example of how challenging the standard format of modern communication can produce such provocative and inspired designs.

No comments: